Sunday, August 12, 2007

"Atticus ain't ever whipped me since I can remember. I wanta keep it that way."

I remeber it was in year 8. There was a big concert of all our school bands in the school hall right after school. It was a free dress day also so everyone was buzzing with excitment. I wished i could have joined in the excitment but mine was dulled because of the unfortunate timing of my sports practise that afternoon. I had promised my mother that i would go to the sports practise because it was our first game the next week and my mum had promised that i would be there. Yet through the smart planning of my friends and I. We decided that we could just tell that team that i wasnt feeling well and at the end of the concert quickly get into my sports gear and pretend that i went to the practise when my mum comes picks me up. I thought it was a bit risky but didnt matter because the concert would be so much better than sports practise. I plan went though. The concert was brilliant and mum fully believed that i had been to the practise. Yet all turned to horror when the phone called the next morning and it was my coach. He was just calling to ask if i was feeling better and my mother questioned why i would be feeling better if i was already fine. My secret was out. Once my mother got off the phone she just looked at me and said "you've let your team down and i think you dont deserve to be on it." It was such a shock to me for her to say that because she had supported me so much on getting into that team. I felt so ashamed of myself. How i could have thought that i could just lie like that and let down my team and my mum. I then said i was very sorry to my mother and the next day to the coach. It was the last time that ever happend because i learnt from my lesson.

No comments: